May 29, 2011
So I’ve wanted my GF to come shoot with me for as long as I’ve known her and yesterday she finally came.
The video shows her shooting my Charles Daly 1911 in .45 ACP. As you can tell she is a very inexperianced shooter but I think she did pretty well.
All together she shot 2 very different Marlin Model 60s, “Tisha” my AR15, and the 1911.
I’m looking forward to much more shooting with my GF this summer.
In case your wondering the AR15 you see in the background is Tisha. I have finally gotten around to completely break in the barrel and will be sighting in the next time I go shooting.
I have gathered enough data to do an actual review of the handguard, the stock and the bipod. Look for it in the next couple weeks. Followed soon after by a review of the barrel, scope, and green dot sight
February 11, 2011
Here is the first part of repairing and customizing an old beat up Marlin/Glenfield 60 I bought from a guy on NodakOutdoors.
Here are the pics from when I got it:
It doesnt look too bad from the pictures that were posted in the ad…
But once I got it in my hands, it looked terrible. The finish was chipped, scratched, and rusting. There was a large hole where the front sight screw used to be. and the stock was cracked. not to mention the 25+ years of carbon that had built up inside the receiver. Not being one to pass up on an opportunity for experience I paid the man and took it home.
Once I got it open I also found out that it was missing one of the trigger guard screws and the feedthroat was broken. Whew!
After doing a quick cleaning, I ordered the parts I needed. In the mean time I filled the front sight hole with a ground down screw and cold blued it for the time being. I also started this blog. When the parts arrived, I made this video…
The fitting that I didn’t put into the video was mostly changing the angle of the top of the new part to match the existing cutout of the bolt. And as I mentioned, removing some of the lifter. I also had to remove some of the lifter spring because it had some slack that was in the way of the new feedthroat. The next step for this gun is going to be refinishing the metal. My dipping tank is empty right now but I just ordered some parkerizing solution…
…to be continued…